Thursday, January 13, 2011

And then there were five

Another sad day on the farm with Molly taking a new job north of Lawrence as nanny and nurse to a set of twin calves.  Jake was sorry to see her leave, but I think he'll do well without her kicking him in the head daily.  There's got to be a better way for Molly to tell him he's too old to be nursing.  She had a good life here, and if she had been nicer to me I would have kept her.


Now I can finally admit that I really don't like milking.  Someday I'll probably try it again, but for now I don't need a dedicated milk cow.  It gets too complicated trying to keep her and her calves on good grass, but still close to the barn.

Beef cows and calves...
Breeding guinea hogs...
Laying chickens...
Broiler chickens...
Ducks...

That's enough for now.

No comments: